What is Microfibre?
Microfibre is a synthetic fiber found in mainstream markets starting as early as the 1990s, however, the creation of this ultra-fine fabric started in the late 1950s. Microfibre comes in many forms but for the purposes of commercial or household cleaning you want to look for a cleaning cloth that is a split Microfibre. A split fiber of 16 segments is highly effective at capturing and holding dirt. With a renewed focus on eco-friendly office cleaning practices, Microfibre cloths are a great addition to any green cleaning solution.
Advantages to Microfibre
Microfibre is lint-free, non-abrasive and hypoallergenic. Microfibre is durable and reusable; making it a great green cleaning product. The three main advantages to using Microfibre over cloth include:
- Reduction of Cross Contamination and Spread of Bacteria – Microfibre products are colour coded, so that the mops and cloths used in the restrooms are not mistakenly used in the common areas of your facility. Proper use of Microfibre products significantly reduces cross contamination
- Reduction of Chemical Usage – The use of Microfibre for wet mopping can reduce chemical usage associated with mopping by up to 90%.
- Reduction of Water Usage – The Microfibre system supports a substantial reduction in water usage due to its ability to clean effectively with little to no water.
5 Great Ways to Use Microfibre
Microfibre can be used without detergents or cleaning solutions, therefore reducing the amount of chemicals used to clean. This reduction in chemical use results in eco-friendly office cleaning for you and your staff. Here are a few ways in which Microfibre can help keep your office cleaner:
- Clean Windows – Reduce the amount of chemicals and water needed to obtain streak-free windows.
- Mopping – No re-dipping a string mop into dirty water which can cause the spread of bacteria. Microfibre mop heads clean and can be laundered for use over and over again.
- Electronics – Commonly touched and shared electronics in an office environment can cause the spread of germs. Dusting items such as computer mice, keyboards and screens, phones, copiers, and printers at least once a week can help eliminate their spread.
- Remove Stains – With a little water added to a Microfibre cloth remove stains from upholstery or carpets.
Polishing – Used as a dry cloth, Microfibre is great to polish chrome used in faucets, handles, stairways, and more.
Over the past decade, the Vanguard® brand stands at the forefront of green office cleaning services with state-of-the-art developments in equipment, chemicals and techniques. Microfibre cloths and mops represent examples of environmentally-friendly cleaning, which can be employed to significantly reduce the environmental impact of cleaning, while also improving the overall health of the office facility.
Vanguard Cleaning Systems® franchised businesses are knowledgeable in the use of environmentally-friendly products and methods that clean more efficiently. Contact a local Vanguard Cleaning Systems master franchise regional office to schedule a free green cleaning assessment of your work environment.